Currently Watching...

Discuss anime series, OVAs, movies, and manga
Joe
E-board alum

Currently Watching...

Post by Joe »

Just thought I would share some of the stuff I'm currently watching:

Legend of the Galactic Heroes - I'm currently on ep 21 and it is really awesome so far. Lots of drama and really cool gigantic space battles. What more could you ask for? It was made 1988, which may put off some people but I didn't mind the old style of animation. Neither the anime nor the novels have been licensed, which makes me sad.

Macross - I'm on ep 10 and it is okay so far. kinda silly and predictable but still enjoyable. The battle scenes are very good for the time

Code Geass R2 - ep 2 aired a couple of days ago. There will be awesomeness.

Also I watched the first ep of the new Macross Frontier, it had some very nice CG and space battles. Wasn't so into the actual plot or characters. But the animation alone might be worth watching it.
Jed
E-board alum

Re: Currently Watching...

Post by Jed »

Joe wrote:Legend of the Galactic Heroes - I'm currently on ep 21 and it is really awesome so far. Lots of drama and really cool gigantic space battles.
This was shown at CJAS a while back, when I first started attending CJAS...before The Great JA Debacle. I couldn't quite get into it, since I started CJAS half way through the spring semester. From what I saw, though, it seemed like the time on screen seemed to move slower than realtime. Kinda like 24...except slower.
All glory to the Hypnotoad!
Joe
E-board alum

Post by Joe »

Man not being able to show unlicensed stuff is annoying. The show is really good, but at 110 eps I don't think it would really be good to show weekly. I didn't get the feeling things were moving really slowly at all. I guess this kind of show really depends on one's taste.
lepidoptera
E-board alum

Post by lepidoptera »

Code Geass R2 - ep 2 aired a couple of days ago. There will be awesomeness.
I saw ep 1 today. It was okay, but I really hate how there was pretty much no transition from Lelouch of the Rebellion. I will watch, but I suspect it will be kinda lame.

I've seen the first few eps of Mnemosyne. Mostly I watch it for- well, you know. If you thought Elfen Lied was too sexual/bloody... well, it's like watching Card Captor Sakura comparatively.

The next episode of Avatar comes out on Friday!!! OMG!!!

But really, nothing has captured my attention this season, so far...
Joe
E-board alum

Post by Joe »

ep 2 explains what happened between the break in seasons. I kinda liked how ep1 this season was just like ep1 first season.

I'll look into Mnemosyne.
I've read that kurenai is very good, I might check that out.

Oh is ep 314 of Avatar being aired?
jkao
E-board alum

Post by jkao »

Joe wrote:MThe show is really good, but at 110 eps I don't think it would really be good to show weekly..
The original Japanese subscribers must've had great patience; those eps were released over a period of 11 years. Imagine, a 2 month wait for each episode...

I've been watching Gundam00 stretching from last season. It's only barely watchable... like an uber-PC version of Gundam Wing (since terrorists are no longer cool).
Secretary Of Pocky
E-board alum

Post by Secretary Of Pocky »

lepidoptera wrote: The next episode of Avatar comes out on Friday!!! OMG!!!
When was this confirmed? I heard rumors that it would air, but no confirmations.

And currently I am watching Tales of Symphonia, Kurau, Polyphonica and Animal Crossing.
"I love it when Masaaki Endoh shouts things. Attack names in particular, but he could shout just about anything and I'd be happy. When my mother passes, I want Endoh to deliver the news, so instead of getting sad I get really pumped about it."
lepidoptera
E-board alum

Post by lepidoptera »

Secretary Of Pocky! wrote:
When was this confirmed? I heard rumors that it would air, but no confirmations.
Bleh ...IMDB was saying April 18th for the last month or so, up until about a week ago... I checked today and it the release date was GONE. Arrrrgh.
Secretary Of Pocky
E-board alum

Post by Secretary Of Pocky »

lepidoptera wrote:
Secretary Of Pocky! wrote:
Bleh ...IMDB was saying April 18th for the last month or so, up until about a week ago... I checked today and it the release date was GONE. Arrrrgh.
Well, there's always the DVD coming out in like two weeks. It has episodes 3.11-3.15 on it.
"I love it when Masaaki Endoh shouts things. Attack names in particular, but he could shout just about anything and I'd be happy. When my mother passes, I want Endoh to deliver the news, so instead of getting sad I get really pumped about it."
Mike
E-board alum

Post by Mike »

Hey everyone. :P Good to see the forum idea from like 5 years ago has finally happened, hehe.

I'm watching Code Geass R2, and that's about it.

Avatar was rumored to resume airing April 18th, because that's when it would have to start again to end right before the book comes out (which covers the finale). However, they are doubling up some episodes, and the finale may actually be 2 hours long, so it's pushed back some more.