Page 1 of 2

K-ON! Season 2! ZHOMFG!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:58 pm
by HettGutt
Spoiler:
Like only 100 times more important than Roy Mustang's eyesight is...
K-On! Season 2 Holy Shit! :mrgreen:

sauce: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2009-12-30/k-on-anime-gets-2nd-season-green-lit

Is this awesome? (Y/Y)

Also seeing how Season 1 covered like 28 chapters, They're going to have to either go slower or start making shit up at some point. Hopefully, it'll be the former so we can look forward to a possible SEASON 3. Also, it depends on whether the manga pulls a Lucky Star by continuing after Yui & Co. graduate, since that'll give the scriptwriter (Yoshida, again, perhaps?) more to work with.

Also, Happy New Year.

Re: K-ON! Season 2! ZHOMFG!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:22 am
by Secretary Of Pocky
HettGutt wrote:Like only 100 times more important than Roy Mustang's eyesight is... K-On! Season 2 Holy Shit! :mrgreen:

sauce: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2009-12-30/k-on-anime-gets-2nd-season-green-lit

Is this awesome? (Y/Y)

Also seeing how Season 1 covered like 28 chapters, They're going to have to either go slower or start making shit up at some point. Hopefully, it'll be the former so we can look forward to a possible SEASON 3. Also, it depends on whether the manga pulls a Lucky Star by continuing after Yui & Co. graduate, since that'll give the scriptwriter (Yoshida, again, perhaps?) more to work with.

Also, Happy New Year.

Very good news indeed, but it really didn't need to have a new season. And having a season 3 of this is a bad thing, flat out.

Now if only Shin Mazinger could get the sequel that is necessary after the cliffhanger ending thrown in at the end of the final episode then I would be happy. Well, there are a lot of things I would be happy with, but this one is a higher priority.

Re: K-ON! Season 2! ZHOMFG!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:48 pm
by Mr. Sandman
Now if only Shin Mazinger could get the sequel that is necessary after the cliffhanger ending thrown in at the end of the final episode then I would be happy. Well, there are a lot of things I would be happy with, but this one is a higher priority.


You know Joe, I'm still waiting on those Kamen Rider Decade movies... Oh well; it seems this is also Decade's fault.

Yeah, I'm not surprised that it's getting a second season. I just hope it's not as dull as the first. Still, I wouldn't say no to it if it meant that it got another song like Don't Say Lazy. Oh well, all things in time.

Re: K-ON! Season 2! ZHOMFG!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:04 pm
by HettGutt
And begins the endless list of things that "need" another season! Well, there's To Aru Majutsu no Index, but Railgun's still coming out, and Sasameki Koto & Seitokai no Ichizon just from 2009 alone, Kodomo no Jikan (obviously), Lucky Star, Genshiken, Hayate, Haruhi, Zero no Tsukaima, blah, blah, blah.

Re: K-ON! Season 2! ZHOMFG!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:09 pm
by Mike
Spoiler:
Like only 100 times more important than Roy Mustang's eyesight is...

What? Is that a spoiler from the other thread or something?

K-ON...is okay. I'll watch the sequel because it's a decently fun show.

Re: K-ON! Season 2! ZHOMFG!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 10:45 am
by frack
HettGutt wrote:And begins the endless list of things that "need" another season! Well, there's To Aru Majutsu no Index, but Railgun's still coming out, and Sasameki Koto & Seitokai no Ichizon just from 2009 alone, Kodomo no Jikan (obviously), Lucky Star, Genshiken, Hayate, Haruhi, Zero no Tsukaima, blah, blah, blah.


I disagree with this sentiment of shows "needing" another season. It's good for things to end, and I am perfectly happy with the fact that my favorite anime is just 6 episodes. Often sequels ruin originals, like with Gunslinger Girl or assorted non-anime movies. I can barely think of any anime I've seen that I feel must get an extra season, except perhaps Tsubasa (at minimum an OVA to wrap up) and Nodame (which has its final season starting this month). <flamewar>Perhaps K-ON! could use one so that something happens finally. Also, out of the 3 shows that I saw in the above list, only one of them was particularly good in my opinion, and I only bothered to watch its first season.</flamewar>

Re: K-ON! Season 2! ZHOMFG!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 2:25 pm
by HettGutt
frack wrote:I disagree with this sentiment of shows "needing" another season.


I don't actually think anything truly needs another season. All anyone can talk about is if he personally wants another season or if a show will likely get another season. I mean, even a show like LOST doesn't "need" Season 6. It's a show that would enrage fans to no end were it to stop mid-plot, it would be stupid for ABC to not make another season, and it would decrease the overall enjoyment of the show significantly, since answering questions is what the show is all about.

frack wrote:It's good for things to end,


Except InuYasha, because then the jokes would have to stop :'(

Re: K-ON! Season 2! ZHOMFG!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:04 am
by hanyou-no-miko
HettGutt wrote:
frack wrote:It's good for things to end,


Except InuYasha, because then the jokes would have to stop :'(


Bite me. >O

Re: K-ON! Season 2! ZHOMFG!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:22 am
by Secretary Of Pocky
HettGutt wrote:
frack wrote:It's good for things to end,

Except InuYasha, because then the jokes would have to stop :'(

Are they still on Namek?

Re: K-ON! Season 2! ZHOMFG!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:42 am
by HettGutt
Secretary Of Pocky wrote:
HettGutt wrote:
frack wrote:It's good for things to end,

Except InuYasha, because then the jokes would have to stop :'(

Are they still on Namek?


Good point, there are plenty of other shows that are much more "endless" than InuYasha. We got DBZ, Bleach, Conan, Pokemon, Prince of Tennis, Naruto. Whoa. All Shounen. Never noticed that. *cough*