What Cons Are You Going To This Year?

Post here to seek cosplay help, share tips, show off your latest creations. Also discuss upcoming and recent anime conventions.
Secretary Of Pocky
E-board alum

What Cons Are You Going To This Year?

Post by Secretary Of Pocky »

Basically, the idea is to list all the cons you know you are going to from now until the end of 2008. I would like to gauge how many cons each CJAS e-boarder goes to and also, it would be interesting to have a little meet-up at the cons/ have a friendly face to talk to if you are bored or something.

My List:

AnimeNext 2008
Otakon 2008
(hopefully) MangaNext 2008
"I love it when Masaaki Endoh shouts things. Attack names in particular, but he could shout just about anything and I'd be happy. When my mother passes, I want Endoh to deliver the news, so instead of getting sad I get really pumped about it."
Eric O.
E-board alum

Re: What Cons Are You Going To This Year?

Post by Eric O. »

I'll be at AnimeNext 2008!
Szethrusi
E-board alum

Post by Szethrusi »

Hopefully Otakon this year.

Also, that's a lot of cons you're going to attend, Joe.
Mike
E-board alum

Post by Mike »

Hopefully Otakon as usual. Or, if I'm on the west coast (less likely), AX. I passed on NYCC this weekend, though NYAF may be one to keep an eye on this year.
Secretary Of Pocky
E-board alum

Post by Secretary Of Pocky »

Szethrusi wrote:Hopefully Otakon this year.

Also, that's a lot of cons you're going to attend, Joe.
It helps when you are ten minutes away from the convention center
"I love it when Masaaki Endoh shouts things. Attack names in particular, but he could shout just about anything and I'd be happy. When my mother passes, I want Endoh to deliver the news, so instead of getting sad I get really pumped about it."
lepidoptera
E-board alum

Post by lepidoptera »

Bah, I've never been to a con. They've always been at inconvenient times (like Otakon this year starts the day after my b-day... no WAY my parents will let me not be home for my b-day...)
Jed
E-board alum

Post by Jed »

I, too, have yet to go to an anime convention. I guess those crappy-ass Star Trek and video game conventions I went to as a kid ruined conventions for me in general. I simply can't justify to myself spending the time and money to travel just to go to a con. :|
All glory to the Hypnotoad!
SoxMike
E-board alum

Post by SoxMike »

I'll be going to Otakon this year, if only because I feel like I need to go to at least one con in my life so I can say I did.

Besides, I can't imagine how utterly awesome peoplewatching must be at these things ^_^
Mike
E-board alum

Post by Mike »

Jed wrote:I, too, have yet to go to an anime convention. I guess those crappy-ass Star Trek and video game conventions I went to as a kid ruined conventions for me in general. I simply can't justify to myself spending the time and money to travel just to go to a con. :|
One reason I go is to see people I don't see very often. It's easy to justify when you think about it that way. :P
Szethrusi
E-board alum

Post by Szethrusi »

SoxMike wrote:I'll be going to Otakon this year, if only because I feel like I need to go to at least one con in my life so I can say I did.

Besides, I can't imagine how utterly awesome peoplewatching must be at these things ^_^
I felt like I was peoplewatching teenage emo goth-kid douchebags most of the time. Call me cynical. The con got a lot better after I stopped paying attention to them and paid attention to more interesting people.