Baccano! (Figured out why there was no OP)

Talk about the shows we screen at weekly showing/marathon
Andarel
E-board member

Baccano! (Figured out why there was no OP)

Post by Andarel »

Because I'm going to forget by the time showing comes around -
The DVD is kind of weird for episode select. You go to the episode select, and it automatically selects A, or Scene 1. Gotta go to episode select -> the episode -> "Play Episode" or "Full Episode" or whatever. Basically, press down once. Since the OP is also a guide to who the characters are, skipping it makes the series a bit more confusing (which is not a good idea).

I can now forget this annoying technicality and go to sleep. Adieu.

Sidenote //

Nanoha's so lucky. Even if people were suspicious of her causing massive property damage, they'd never have the heart to accuse her of it.
Joe
E-board alum

Re: Baccano! (Figured out why there was no OP)

Post by Joe »

I've already realized this, but thanks for bringing it up.

I didn't think much of the lack of op for the first episode, as many shows often skip the op the first time, but the lack of op for the second episode prompted me to to look closer at the dvd. Yeah, for some reason the default selection is to not play the op. The selections 'play episode' and 'play opening' both properly start with the opening, why they need both, I have no idea.

Similar lack of op with claymore, haven't checked it yet but I suspect it's the same problem.

Curse you DVD menu creators, curse you....
Andarel
E-board member

Post by Andarel »

Yeah, no idea why they do it like that. Seems illogical.

I'd been wondering 'bout the lack of Claymore OP, but didn't think much of it since I haven't seen it yet and perhaps it for some reason starts on ep.3. Dunno.
frack
E-board alum
Location: Not in Ithaca, unless I'm visiting, in which case in Ithaca

Post by frack »

Andarel wrote:I'd been wondering 'bout the lack of Claymore OP, but didn't think much of it since I haven't seen it yet and perhaps it for some reason starts on ep.3. Dunno.
The version I watched of episode 2 for instance had the OP 2.5 minutes in, so if you're skipping it, you might be missing a sizeable chunk of the episode too, which seems unlikely to go unnoticed.
Ore wo dare da to omotte yagaru!
Zetsubou shita!
My Anime List and Recent Anime/Manga