K-ON! Season 2! ZHOMFG!

Discuss anime series, OVAs, movies, and manga
HettGutt
E-board member

K-ON! Season 2! ZHOMFG!

Post by HettGutt »

Spoiler:
Like only 100 times more important than Roy Mustang's eyesight is...
K-On! Season 2 Holy Shit! :mrgreen:

sauce: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... -green-lit

Is this awesome? (Y/Y)

Also seeing how Season 1 covered like 28 chapters, They're going to have to either go slower or start making shit up at some point. Hopefully, it'll be the former so we can look forward to a possible SEASON 3. Also, it depends on whether the manga pulls a Lucky Star by continuing after Yui & Co. graduate, since that'll give the scriptwriter (Yoshida, again, perhaps?) more to work with.

Also, Happy New Year.
You do not choose a waifu. Your waifu chooses you.
Secretary Of Pocky
E-board alum

Re: K-ON! Season 2! ZHOMFG!

Post by Secretary Of Pocky »

HettGutt wrote:Like only 100 times more important than Roy Mustang's eyesight is... K-On! Season 2 Holy Shit! :mrgreen:

sauce: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... -green-lit

Is this awesome? (Y/Y)

Also seeing how Season 1 covered like 28 chapters, They're going to have to either go slower or start making shit up at some point. Hopefully, it'll be the former so we can look forward to a possible SEASON 3. Also, it depends on whether the manga pulls a Lucky Star by continuing after Yui & Co. graduate, since that'll give the scriptwriter (Yoshida, again, perhaps?) more to work with.

Also, Happy New Year.
Very good news indeed, but it really didn't need to have a new season. And having a season 3 of this is a bad thing, flat out.

Now if only Shin Mazinger could get the sequel that is necessary after the cliffhanger ending thrown in at the end of the final episode then I would be happy. Well, there are a lot of things I would be happy with, but this one is a higher priority.
"I love it when Masaaki Endoh shouts things. Attack names in particular, but he could shout just about anything and I'd be happy. When my mother passes, I want Endoh to deliver the news, so instead of getting sad I get really pumped about it."
Mr. Sandman
E-board alum

Post by Mr. Sandman »

Now if only Shin Mazinger could get the sequel that is necessary after the cliffhanger ending thrown in at the end of the final episode then I would be happy. Well, there are a lot of things I would be happy with, but this one is a higher priority.
You know Joe, I'm still waiting on those Kamen Rider Decade movies... Oh well; it seems this is also Decade's fault.

Yeah, I'm not surprised that it's getting a second season. I just hope it's not as dull as the first. Still, I wouldn't say no to it if it meant that it got another song like Don't Say Lazy. Oh well, all things in time.
*sigh* Dispatched, in mankind's darkest hour, we are Knights of the Blue Flame.

けー… 我々は, 終末の日に遣わされた白日の使徒にして, 蒼炎の騎士だ。
HettGutt
E-board member

Post by HettGutt »

And begins the endless list of things that "need" another season! Well, there's To Aru Majutsu no Index, but Railgun's still coming out, and Sasameki Koto & Seitokai no Ichizon just from 2009 alone, Kodomo no Jikan (obviously), Lucky Star, Genshiken, Hayate, Haruhi, Zero no Tsukaima, blah, blah, blah.
Mike
E-board alum

Post by Mike »

Spoiler:
Like only 100 times more important than Roy Mustang's eyesight is...
What? Is that a spoiler from the other thread or something?

K-ON...is okay. I'll watch the sequel because it's a decently fun show.
frack
E-board alum
Location: Not in Ithaca, unless I'm visiting, in which case in Ithaca

Post by frack »

HettGutt wrote:And begins the endless list of things that "need" another season! Well, there's To Aru Majutsu no Index, but Railgun's still coming out, and Sasameki Koto & Seitokai no Ichizon just from 2009 alone, Kodomo no Jikan (obviously), Lucky Star, Genshiken, Hayate, Haruhi, Zero no Tsukaima, blah, blah, blah.
I disagree with this sentiment of shows "needing" another season. It's good for things to end, and I am perfectly happy with the fact that my favorite anime is just 6 episodes. Often sequels ruin originals, like with Gunslinger Girl or assorted non-anime movies. I can barely think of any anime I've seen that I feel must get an extra season, except perhaps Tsubasa (at minimum an OVA to wrap up) and Nodame (which has its final season starting this month). <flamewar>Perhaps K-ON! could use one so that something happens finally. Also, out of the 3 shows that I saw in the above list, only one of them was particularly good in my opinion, and I only bothered to watch its first season.</flamewar>
Ore wo dare da to omotte yagaru!
Zetsubou shita!
My Anime List and Recent Anime/Manga
HettGutt
E-board member

Post by HettGutt »

frack wrote:I disagree with this sentiment of shows "needing" another season.
I don't actually think anything truly needs another season. All anyone can talk about is if he personally wants another season or if a show will likely get another season. I mean, even a show like LOST doesn't "need" Season 6. It's a show that would enrage fans to no end were it to stop mid-plot, it would be stupid for ABC to not make another season, and it would decrease the overall enjoyment of the show significantly, since answering questions is what the show is all about.
frack wrote:It's good for things to end,
Except InuYasha, because then the jokes would have to stop :'(
hanyou-no-miko
E-board alum

Post by hanyou-no-miko »

HettGutt wrote:
Bite me. >O
Keh.
Secretary Of Pocky
E-board alum

Post by Secretary Of Pocky »

HettGutt wrote:
Are they still on Namek?
"I love it when Masaaki Endoh shouts things. Attack names in particular, but he could shout just about anything and I'd be happy. When my mother passes, I want Endoh to deliver the news, so instead of getting sad I get really pumped about it."
HettGutt
E-board member

Post by HettGutt »

Secretary Of Pocky wrote:
HettGutt wrote:
Are they still on Namek?
Good point, there are plenty of other shows that are much more "endless" than InuYasha. We got DBZ, Bleach, Conan, Pokemon, Prince of Tennis, Naruto. Whoa. All Shounen. Never noticed that. *cough*