CJAS newsletter/blog articles matter!

General CJAS discussion
Jed
E-board alum

CJAS newsletter/blog articles matter!

Post by Jed »

Just wanted to point out that an 11 year old CJAS newsletter article was recently linked to. I find it pretty amazing that an article so old (and in a rather obscure part of our website, no less) still has impact.
All glory to the Hypnotoad!
Secretary Of Pocky
E-board alum

Re: CJAS newsletter/blog articles matter!

Post by Secretary Of Pocky »

I hope you don't mind me using this as a place to voice my opinion, but I feel that this title is apt for what I must talk about.
Secterary Of Pocky! wrote:Okay, listen up and listen well. When we decided to switch to an online format for the newsletter, people said they would attempt to write articles to help stimulate the blog. However, all I see from this year are multiple reviews, and recaps of events that we were either a part of or were our own events.

Where exactly are the non-review articles, the rants, the ravings, initial or latest impressions, series that have had an impact on you and why, cosplay tutorials, something other than damned reviews? Honestly, can you say that writing reviews is making a noticeable impression on our intended audience?

Sure, we're all busy and all have lives outside of CJAS (a shock, I know), but can't people dedicate some amount of time to something that can be productive to the blog? Yes, I know that several of you are busy with the doujin, but what of everyone else? Where are those articles? Where is the support? Where is anyone other than myself, Kat and Jed?

I would like to point out that we have one announcement that is currently in need of a summary, and another review that was written over two months ago that needs a summary, or a note that it was copied from ANN. Will anyone step up to the challenge? Will anyone dedicate the at most two hours of time to come up with a sufficient summary, or (re)watch the movies to provide some type of summary? Will anyone else help create articles and make this a damn fine source of news and club activities? Does anyone else care?
"I love it when Masaaki Endoh shouts things. Attack names in particular, but he could shout just about anything and I'd be happy. When my mother passes, I want Endoh to deliver the news, so instead of getting sad I get really pumped about it."