Reply notifications now on by default

Read here first!
Jed
E-board alum

Reply notifications now on by default

Post by Jed »

By default, when you post to a topic on the forums, you will now receive notifications via e-mail when anyone else replies to that same topic. (To reduce spam, you will not receive further notifications for a specific topic until you visit that topic again.)

This a feature that I doubt many CJASers know about, but seems generally useful for having timely discussions on the forums. For this reason, I have changed the settings to enable this feature by default.

If you do not like this feature, you can do one of three things:
  1. If you are receiving reply notifications for a topic that you are no longer interested in, you can unsubscribe from that topic. Visit the topic and use the Unsubscribe topic link at the bottom of the page.
  2. If you are replying to a topic and do not wish to be notified of replies, uncheck the Notify me when a reply is posted option in the Options section that appears after the Submit button.
  3. You can disable the auto-subscribe feature altogether. In the User Control Panel, under the Board Preferences tab, there is an Edit posting defaults section. Set the Notify me upon replies by default option to "No".
All glory to the Hypnotoad!