Genericon 2010 at RPI

Post here to seek cosplay help, share tips, show off your latest creations. Also discuss upcoming and recent anime conventions.
Ysterath
E-board alum

Genericon 2010 at RPI

Post by Ysterath »

So I will be going to RPI's Genericon on the weekend of February 12-14 and just happened to look at who their newest guest was and the name just happened to be one that I have seen around the CJAS site quite a bit... Lawrence Eng. RPI gives a history of him in their press release mentioning that he is an RPI doctoral alumn here: http://genericon.union.rpi.edu/press_releases/ . They never mention him and Cornell and CJAS though but I thought this might be interesting to people anyhow.
As this is both Con news and other news I decided this was the best place to put this.

Further information about Genericon can be found here:
http://genericon.union.rpi.edu/news/
Kathy Moon
E-board alum

Re: Genericon 2010 at RPI

Post by Kathy Moon »

Yeah, I wondered about that when they first announced he'd be there. I was like, "Oh, I knew him back at Cornell!" and they were all "What? No! He's from RPI!"
Regardless. I'll be there; it should be a fun time. It's just a local college con, but if you haven't got anything better to do Valentine's Day weekend, stop on by!
"Unfortunately for you, we ARE that stupid!" - The Dai-Gurren Dan
Ysterath
E-board alum

Post by Ysterath »

Kathy Moon wrote:Yeah, I wondered about that when they first announced he'd be there. I was like, "Oh, I knew him back at Cornell!" and they were all "What? No! He's from RPI!"
Regardless. I'll be there; it should be a fun time. It's just a local college con, but if you haven't got anything better to do Valentine's Day weekend, stop on by!

What will you be wearing so we might meet up and be able to introduce ourselves? I think you were at Anime Boston but I missed you there.
Kathy Moon
E-board alum

Post by Kathy Moon »

Friday I'll be Vash the Stampede. Saturday and Sunday are still undecided. I'm going to be attending most of the cosplay events in some sort of official capacity, so I shouldn't be too hard to find!
"Unfortunately for you, we ARE that stupid!" - The Dai-Gurren Dan